http://canalsideconferencecentre.co.uk/https:/canalsideconferencecentre.co.uk/wp-json/oembed/1.0/embed?url=https://canalsideconferencecentre.co.uk/ As a Research Assistant at PortMA …
Who You Are:
- You love numbers. You are comfortable with stats and enjoy conducting analysis to answer research questions. We will train you on specifics, but if you’re not a numbers person, this role is not a fit for you.
- You’re innately curious and always want to know the ‘why’ behind consumers’ motivations.
- Tech comes easily to you. You’re skilled in MS Office Suite and are able to quickly learn new platforms, from project management to survey programming.
- You’re hyper-organized and super-detailed. Typos drive you nuts, and you’re always aware of the next deadline coming up. You are a multitasking maven and stay on schedule with little oversight – you keep a detailed task list and stick to it.
- You’re comfortable “managing up” and helping to keep your Research Manager on track with tasks and upcoming deadlines, as well as feeling comfortable asking the Research Manager for help when you need it.
- You’re hardworking and humble – there are no big egos here.
Working directly with the Research Manager, you will make a big impact as part of this small, close-knit PortMA team. If you are a Rockstar Research Assistant, there is a well-defined career path in research project management.
In This Role You Will:
- Provide project assistance on all assigned projects, from programming and fielding surveys, managing data collection, distributing incentives and data analysis.
- Provide support to the Research Manager in nurturing great relationships with clients.
- Interact with consumers to deliver incentives and answer questions.
- Work with the Research Manager to create client reports that are accurate, aesthetically pleasing, and answer the big research questions.
- Perform quality checks of others’ work throughout the research process to ensure accuracy and avoid errors or mistakes.
The right person for this role thrives on variety, problem-solving, and getting things done. This is not a ‘behind-the-scenes’ role – we are seeking a Research Assistant who can support the Research Manager in building and developing the client relationship from day one!
Desired Skills and Experience
- BA/BS degree is required. Study concentration in economics, psychology, sociology, mathematics, or statistics may be helpful. Experience in survey research or human behavioral issues will be a plus.
- Survey research experience preferred.
- Very strong quantitative skills and a solid understanding of basic statistics. Experience with pivot tables, tabs & baners, or similar tabulation/analysis software is a big plus.
- Experience programming surveys in survey software such as Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, or similar a big plus.
- A confident and clear communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Good personal presentation skills (for co-presenting to a client)
- Excellent time management skills, adept at setting priorities and managing expectations
- Exceedingly detail-oriented and accurate in your work.
- A positive teammate with a ‘roll up your sleeves’ attitude.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment with tight deadlines, and accepting of change
- Strong MS Office Suite skills (PowerPoint, Word and particularly Excel)
- Comfortable working remotely. We are a remote team and that’s not for everyone. Make sure it is for you before you apply.
- You are located in Maine.